Don’t miss this opportunity for a free, high-quality prekindergarten experience for your child
Click HERE to apply online for the lottery
The Rhode Island Prekindergarten Program, entering its 11th year, provides free, high-quality prekindergarten classes to children selected in a lottery held in early July. To be eligible, children must be 4 years old by September 1, and be residents of one of the 11 cities or towns that have a state prekindergarten classroom.
You can apply online here. (Para verlo en español, vaya a “Select Language” en la parte superior izquierda de la página.) This application can only be completed using the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.
The deadline for online applications is July 7. The deadline for paper applications is July 5.
What you need to apply:
- An active email address
- Current phone number
- Child’s legal name
- Child’s date of birth (must be 4 by 9/1/2019)
- Child’s address
- Monthly household income (lottery is not income dependent)
Ready to Learn Providence will continue to operate a classroom in Providence (on the Liston Campus of CCRI) and two classrooms in Pawtucket with the Heritage Park YMCA Early Learning Center. Learn more about R2LP’s PreK programs here. If you’re applying to the classroom at CCRI, and you’re using a paper application, you can drop it off at the classroom or at Ready to Learn Providence’s offices at One Empire Street (5th floor) in Providence. If you have questions about the Ready to Learn prekindergarten classrooms, call R2LP at (401) 276-4820.
Once you have successfully submitted your application you will receive an email confirmation. Please retain this email and confirmation number for your records. If you do not receive an email confirmation your application has not been submitted to the Pre-K lottery.
A copy of the child’s birth certificate and proof of residency will be required upon enrollment. Family total income will be verified to match what is reported in your application in order for child enrollment to be completed.
For further assistance, email RIDE or call RIDE Pre-K information line at (401) 222-8184.
Below is a full list of participating programs for the 2019/2020 school year.
- Central Falls School District, Capt. Hunt Early Learning Center (12 Kendall Street) – 4 classrooms
- Central Falls School District, Margaret I. Robertson Elementary (135 Hunt Street) – 1 classroom
- Comprehensive Community Action Program (848 Atwood Ave.) – 2 classrooms
- The Children’s Workshop (546 Budlong Road) – 1 classroom
- Cranston Public Schools Arlington Elementary School (155 Princess Ave.) – 1 classroom
- Martin Middle School (111 Brown Street) – 5 classrooms
- Oldham School (60 Bart Drive) – 2 classrooms
(Note: Applications for Oldham are available at the East Providence Administration Offices, 145 Taunton Ave.)
- East Bay Community Action Program (70 Turner Ave.) – 1 classroom
- Graniteville School (6 Collins Avenue) – 1 classroom
- East Bay Community Action Program Head Start (8 John Chafee Blvd.) – 2 classrooms
- Tri-Town Community Action Agency (79 Waterman Avenue) – 1 classroom
- Pawtucket School Department, Fallon Memorial School (62 Lincoln Avenue) – 3 classrooms
(Note: Applications for the Fallon site are available at the Pawtucket Central Office, 286 Main St.)
- Ready to Learn Providence/Heritage Park YMCA Early Learning Center (333 Roosevelt Ave.) – 2 classrooms
- Children’s Friend and Service (13 Legion Drive) – 1 classroom
- Ready to Learn Providence @ CCRI Liston Campus (1 Hilton St.) – 1 classroom
(Note: Applications for the CCRI site are available at the classroom or at Ready to Learn, One Empire Street, 5th floor, Providence)
- Beautiful Beginnings (700 Elmwood Ave.) – 2 classrooms
- Children’s Friend and Service (350 Point St.) – 3 classrooms
- Children’s Friend and Service (99 Berkshire St.) – 2 classrooms
- Children’s Friend and Service, Hartford Center (550 Hartford Avenue) – 1 classroom
- Imagine Preschool (520 Hope Street) – 3 classrooms
- Meeting Street (1000 Eddy St.) – 2 classrooms
- Smith Hill Early Childhood Learning Center (25 Danforth St.) – 5 classrooms
- Genesis Center (620 Potters Ave.) – 1 classroom
- CHILD, Inc. (849 Centerville Rd) – 1 classroom
- CHILD, Inc. (160 Draper Ave.) – 2 classrooms
- Academy for Little Children (10 James P Murphy Industrial Highway) – 1 classroom
- CHILD, Inc. (28 Payan St.) – 2 classrooms
- Connecting for Children and Families (46 Hope St.) – 2 classrooms
- Woonsocket Head Start Child Development Association (204 Warwick St.) – 4 classrooms
- YWCA Rhode Island (514 Blackstone Street), 1 Classroom
Back to Top